Saturday 26 March 2016

Airplane tickets bought

Taking the cats along indeed is adding a lot more layers of complexity and expense than one would expect! Nonetheless we haven't wavered in our resolve: ours is a 12-foot family. We aren't going to jettison anyone.

Since we have the cats, we can't fly straight to Ireland (at least, not without about $3000 extra), so we're flying to the continent. Since one of my best friends is in Belgium, we were going to fly to Brussels, but some terrorists have bombed the airport, so we are flying into Luxembourg instead.

That means we somehow have to schlep all the luggage to a taxi and then to a train, but then our friend will pick us up in Liege where she lives. That's good.

I still have no idea, after a LOT of research, as to how I'm going to insure the van. Every insurance agency I've chatted to in Ireland either doesn't do Canadians or doesn't do campervans. I've sort of given up and decided to just go get us there and figure out what comes next, then. We are sure looking forward to meeting our van Gigi though!

Here are some pictures of her. You can see how we fell in love with her I think!

Christa






No comments:

Post a Comment