Wednesday 21 December 2016

Dec 21, 2016: The Eden Project

 Today we went to The Eden Project in Cornwall. We arrived about 2 p.m. and stayed for the light and sound show afterwards. It is an incredible place and the sound and light show were awesome as well. I tried to capture it with these photos but I'm not sure that I've done it justice! You might enjoy looking it up on the internet. Mr. Teenager was even excited and enthusiastic (being a geodesic dome afficionado). It is so awesome he was nearly as thrilled as he used to be at Disneyland. 

I have to say, it's a wonderful use of an old mine pit! The most wonderful use I've ever seen.

This is how it looked on arrival:

And this is how it looked when we left!

A pretty neat holiday concert for sure.


You can watch all the kitchens from above. Here are some guys making pizza.






You can walk up to a lookout.
I am not sure how he suddenly is that many inches taller than me. All that sleeping he has done lately seems to be having an effect!


Yes, that's right. waterfall INSIDE the building.

View from the lookout.

View from the lookout.



Look at the size of this leaf!!


This is the first time I have seen vanilla pods growing!



Here are a few photos from Bodmin. There's a medieval church across from the car rental agency, where we picked up a rental van for Christmas week.

This font is 12th century! Absolutely gorgeous carving.



And I love the back of this truck. :) Cornwall definitely seems to be full of foodies!


No comments:

Post a Comment